6/5/09

Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, and my last post ever!!!



Shit, I've been so despondent about the scene lately, the music is stale, the crowds are 2 dimensional, and all the good artists are so bored they keep churning out dub-step. If I had all the bandwidth back after accidentally downloading dub-step, I'd be so flush I'd be able to download the entire backcatalogue of Elton John, which doesn't sound like to bad an option compared to other shit I've been sampling.
 
Along the way , the music stopped being fun to me when every extended break was used, and all the build-ups sounded like brrzzttt, zffffffftttt, eeeeeeee, krrrrrrring, bkkkkkkyyyy, chik, chok, .......... boom, womp, womp, womp. 

You can only do the trick so many times before it sounds tired, it is supposed to create anticipation, like misdirection in horror movies before a jump scare. But if every movie had a jump scare every 15 mins, no one would be scared of them. They would be predictable, it's the silence in those breaks that sucks the most it's an old pop trick, used in songs to force people to listen and think "is the song over?", before it folds back into it's formulaic "yeahs" and "woops" again more forced misdirection.

Dj's won't even say they play fidget when they do because of the sheer embarrassment of the scene, rather either saying they playing Jacking House or Electro, I doubt we'll ever see timeless music again, I guess it's the natural progression of all art-forms.

And then I saw this video, which sparked my interest again, the same way "Mars" did when i heard it on The Count and Sindens Radio 1 mixtape January '08, the same way "Underground (Busy P Remix)" did when I was fed-up with banging music after hearing Boy-8 bit's massively disappointing "Suspense is Killing Me" Ep. 

Now "Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs" are willing to not take them seriously at all, their name is the biggest joke of all as they know their days are numbered, without releasing anything yet, well an E.P. "All In One Sixty Dancehall"  soon to be available on Greco-Roman. But I've said enough, I won't play anything banging anymore, and electronic music is releasing it's last exhale any minute now, I won't blog anymore about dance music, and frankly I'm fucked off because I won't be missed, well not being missed by spirits, it's all bullshit and shallow anyway. 
Wow this blog post gone all fucking Cevron

Ok so maybe that was all a bit melodramatic, I guess if you've read this far you deserve the truth.....

(please note the ......, the old pop trick from before too build anticipation)

I just want to play video games all the time for the rest of my life, and not waste anytime searching for music, organizing music, and playing music. I just want to study frame data and perfect Sagat's Ultra move in Street Fighter 4. That is all, please mail all complaints to:

Capcom U.S.A., Inc.
Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
800 Concar Drive
Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94402-2649

I kid, it's all peachy on the Fat Chinese Boi, for Belushi.

If I've learnt anything in my life, it's that nothing stays the same or sucks forever, if you hang in there shit will get better, movies, music, video games, comics, literature, drugs, jokes. 
Yes scenes get caught in ruts and stagnate, yes originality gets neglected, but it's these rough times that fuel the innovators, so don't give up on things too easily cause it really doesn't take alot of effort to change circumstance.

Oh yeah where was I... the innovative music, here it is.

Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Sickly Child (MediaFire)

Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Moon Hits the Mirrorball (MediaFire)



2 comments:

  1. It's exactly like you say, Belushi; every scene or movement needs a severe lull for someone to come along and truly reinvent what it's about and how it's done. Whether that person is Da Vinci, Jobs, Kubrick or the mothereffing Beatles, that moment of complete revolution isn't so much seen as it is felt.
    Once it's seen it's just scene, after all.
    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kind of with you on this one....feeling like a lost fart, but i don't have PS13 or Xbox900 so what do i do? cellphone games? shit now what? i lost all my CD's at the last Arcade gig, did i care? no! i didn't even ask them if anyone found them....

    oh well....

    ReplyDelete