4/27/09

H.I.V.I.P what? Is that a new type of A.I.D's???



Spoek Mathambo (of Sweat X, Playdoe and God knows how many other acts Fame...) has just dropped me this lovely Mix today, which I'm honored to put up on our little blog that could. Spoek is one of the first and hopefully not the last Artists, to answer the call of fatchineseboi to create mix's for a South African and hopefully International audience. The mix is great and gives us a little look into the future of Spoek Mathambo and what the hell he listens too. Here are some words from the Master man known as Spoek...




I have been high in the mountains making music for you, yes you.
In this extra special mix dedicated to my friend, Shawn Mortensen. I have put in a lot of the super crucial new music I have been making as Moleke Mbembe and Slush Puppy Kids. With this Mix I want you to enjoy yourself. So go on...

Spoek Mathambo - H.I.V.I.P Devil House Mafias 2 MIX


Tracklist:

Slush Puppy Kids - We The Best
Dj Mujava - Phelindaba
Banana Clipz - Push AM (Left, Right)
Bakstina - Dashboard Love
Eastwest - Pschadelic Disco
The Extra T's - Flash Boogie
Murkz - Please Don't Stop The Music
T2 - Heartbroken (Nastiboi Rmx)
Acslater - Hello (Moleke Mbembe Remix)
Dj Spyro - Spyro Spesh
Dj Murkz - Wwow Dutty
Moleke Mbembe - Heslostcontrol
Bujo Mujo - ??
Dj Mujava - Dipala Tsatwane
Spikiri The King Don Father- Unique
Chief Boima - Coupe Like Me Baby
Shakka Roxx - Shateh
Slush Puppy Kids - Too High
Dj Mujava - Tswara Tswara
Dj Takalani's House Magic - Donosa
Sibot - Chisa
Yuksek - Extraball (Moleke Mbembe Remix)
Solid Groove - This Is Sick
Thunderheist - Freddie
Playdoe - Ice Cream

Love

Spoek Mathambo

You can catch up on the ongoings of Spoek on his blog SDOTX

Here are some other Mix's Spoek has dropped with his buddys:

DJ SNYMAN - DEVIL HOUSE MAFIAS 1

DJ MASTERCASH - BOSS OF THE ROAD MIX
SPOEK MATHAMBO - POST COITAL DEPRESSION MIX
DJ SNYMAN - APARTHEID AFTERPARTY MIX
SPOEK MATHAMBO - DEZEMBA LIAZONZ MIX
SPOEK MATHAMBO - NOMBOLO ONE MIX



Spoek mention above his mix was dedicated to his friend Shawn Mortensen, who sadly passed away, about a week ago. Shawn is actually how I meet Spoek. We worked together with Shawn on a Nike AM90 video which starred Spoek, it was a rather unique experience for me which I really enjoyed. Shawn was an extremely talented and gifted person, who got along with everyone he met. My only regret is that I never got to spend more time around such an Individual, as he inspired me to better myself and find the small pleasures in life. Our wishes are with all of Shawn's family and close friends at this time.

Below are some of my favorite pictures which Shawn took, please head over to Shawn's website to view more of his incredible work...http://www.shawnmortensen.org/









No comments:

Post a Comment